Follow me on Twitter!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Clay Peeks including 2 new large Grimmies!





HELLLLO!!! Oh I have been a busy bee this week! Last night I was working on 2 new large Grimmies and was totally covered in clay. Normally I do everything in my studio room buy my son wanted me to watch all the cool old Christmas specials like Rudolph, Santa Clause is coming to town and all the rest. It was non stop puppet tv and very inspiring lol! My favorite characters form those old specials are...1. Heat miser....Ok it is like this. My mom came from Germany and has a really heavy German accent. My mom also used to have red hair. Well when my brothers and I were growing up and Heat Miser would come on we would laugh and yell because in some strange way he respembled my mom LOL!!! No I am not picking on my mom she was totally beautiful! But with the Red hair and German Temper...Heat Miser hehe! She even laughs about it. My other favorite Character is The snow monster in Rudolph and The Wizard in Santa Clause is Coming to town. They just don't make shows like that anymore. Yah I saw the Miser Brothers Christmas and they changed things to much. I don't like change hehe! Don't you just love the tiny Heat misers that come dancing around!!! BAHAHAHHAHA! Another thing about those shows...most everyone was German! So when The Burger Meister Meister Burger falls on the toy...My German side of the family just died laughing! So now you know..I am half German. Must be why I love Vintage Christmas because Germans Know Christmas ART LOL!
Ok didn't mean to go off on a I love Heat Miser tangent...( I might try to make a little Heat miser this week..wish me luck...WIll borrow some red hair from mom..hehe

OK!! Sneak Peeeeeks! Some pics of a new Snowman and Reindeer Piece I have DONE and will list any day now and some new large Grimmies. The Grimmy Pieces are naked...He is shy don't say anything ok???

One of the Grimmies is a special request for a nice lady who was sad that she missed the auction!

Have an amazing sunday and I am off to paint some Naked Grimmies and get boxes packed for the post man tomorrow! So much to do so little time!

Oh Yah,
( Im my best German Accent ) AUFEEEEDERZAINE!!!!!! How did you like the spelling there looool....

Ok how about this one..

Iche Liebe Christmas!!!!
Bye!!
Carmen Ellis Spooky HOllow .net

2 Water color aceo's not finished with my messy doodle pad on the bottom...can you see Artic Puffin from ELF??



Sold 13 inch Grimmy...new Elf 14 inch Grimmy and New Santa Grimmy in the works 15-16 inches!










The snowman piece will be listed in my Ebay store this week! It is over a foot tall with 3 Reindeer and the snowman hugging Rudolph at that top. They are set upon an old wooden candle stick and the work is totally by hand. No molds. I used vintage mercury glass ornaments on each deer and the sign at the bottom says Hug A Deer Day!

Bye ya again!

5 comments:

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Carmen! I LOVE your Christmas art...those elves are AMAZING! I love evrything on here you posted and I also am a huge fan of those old shows.
Happy Creating!
Brandi

Regina said...

Girl...I love coming to your blog. YOU always make me chuckle with you adorable lil characters.
Keep up the great work Carmen!!

Hugs,
Regi

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I love your fun style!!! So whimsical and sweet.
Cathy

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

The Facial expressions are great and the overall design is just FUN!! I think you got the HO HO HO spirit!

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

The Facial expressions are great and the overall design is just FUN!! I think you got the HO HO HO spirit!